Although investing in theatre can be high risk, it can potentially generate high returns and be a rewarding and sociable activity. Theatre audiences in the West End have grown year on year since 2008 reflecting a robust industry, which continues to buck the trend in the current economic climate.
For a relatively low investment (typically £2,500-£5,000), investors may enjoy the following benefits:
- Complimentary tickets
- Invitation to opening night performances
- Opportunities to the meet the cast and creative teams
- Access to exclusive events – such as workshops, open dress rehearsals and play readings
- Access to VIP house seats for shows across the West End
- Regular sales information and production updates
In addition, investors will be in a position to benefit from the new Theatre Tax Relief, which allows theatres and productions to enjoy a subsidy previously only extended to the film industry.
For more information about theatre investing, please email Ros Povey Productions here and we will contact you to discuss.